Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Anxious



Word of the day, anxious.

It's funny how things manage to fall together. First it started from a simple message by saying "Hi, nice to meet you" to "Lets hangout and grab a cup of coffee". It's very rare nowadays to find people as such unless you are to say that you are from overseas like the European countries or any other part of the world except Malaysia.

A simple polite gesture as "hi, nice to meet you, or hey, it's a pleasure meeting you" is always ignored by many people nowadays in our generation and of course, I'm speaking generally the people from Malaysia.

I've done plenty of events, worked multiple kinds of job scopes and I've seen all kinds of people. And to be frank, the attitude that Malaysian's cultivate is terrible.

Imagine this, I'm a young boy who just only finished SPM, found a freelance job at an event that my only job scope was to give our fliers. Practically the job's simple but yet it is so difficult because of the mentality of our society nowadays. When you approach them, you can rarely see a smile on their face and instead they look at you with disgust, walking away ignoring your existence.

Even right now, I'm working with the FlyFm Troopers ( on-ground team ), we offered FREE freebies and yet people think it's a conman job, walking away from freebies. Hilarious really.

But I've met someone who genuinely talked to me as a friend. A person whom I've not met before but only seen, a person who has a sweet smile and genuinely friendly. It all started from a simple and basic "hey! nice to meet u. do u still remember who i am?" and she replied "of course I do. I will never forget your healthy skin colour.. =)=)"

That really cracks me up. She literally put a smile on my face without even me noticing it.

So it isn't really hard to acknowledge people, tho there are all kinds of strangers but it's the point where we, Malaysians have to change our culture and attitude towards the society. Why are the "ang moes" so friendly, politely rejecting but genuinely smiling when you offered a flier to them? Why can't we do so too?

So right now, at 4.59am, while I'm writing this blog, hopefully she'll read it, I'm actually quite anxious on the answer she would give me tomorrow whether she would go out for a movie with me. As how she feels when I call her, I'm feeling it right now.

Seriously,the picture below explains it all. XD




No comments: